Neck lines, sagging and wrinkles are a normal part of aging. They are caused in part by skin losing elasticity and being exposed to UV light over time. You may also notice premature wrinkles because of repeatedly looking down at the phone, smoking, or not using sunscreen. So, you probably are not giving your neck the attention it needs. Because the skin on our neck is thin and sees quite a bit of sun, it can often show signs of aging sooner than other parts of the body.
The Causes of Neck Sagging
The dermis, the layer that contains collagen, is very thin, making it more prone to aging than other parts of the body. A lack of sunscreen application would also contribute to this. Also, use of our cell phone addictions are not helping the cause.
What are my Options?
- Products – Look for products designed specifically to fight signs of aging, look for ones with retinol and peptides as well as hyaluronic acid, which plumps and hydrates skin. They will help to firm sagging skin over time. This may not be a good option for everyone based on the skin age.
- Neck Wrinkle Pads – These pads prevent & eliminate neck wrinkles caused by sun damage, aging, phone scrolling and texting. They also improve elasticity for smoother, younger & uplifted skin. You can find them on Amazon. Please read the reviews and make decisions based on other people experiences.
- Adjust Your Diet and Drink a lot of Water – It is important that you provide your skin with the vitamins, minerals, and moisture it needs to function properly. These nutrients can, and should, be supplied from the outside in the form of creams and serums. But more importantly, they should also be supplied from the inside through your diet. You need to get enough vitamin C, E, and A in the foods you eat. Fruits and vegetables are a great source of these, and other vitamins, so be sure to consume them every day. A piece of fruit with breakfast, a salad with lunch, and steamed or raw veggies with dinner is a great way to give your body what it needs.
- Exercise Your Neck – Regular neck exercise can also help treat existing neck wrinkles and prevent new ones from forming. When your muscles are tighter, they pull on the skin the covers them. This can result in a tightening of sagging skin and a smoothing of neck wrinkles. One of the simplest neck exercises is to sit in a chair and tilt your head up toward the ceiling. Pucker your lips like you are trying to give someone a kiss. Then, stick out your tongue and try to touch your chin. You should feel the muscles and skin of neck tighten as you do this. Hold for a count of five and then return to a normal position. Start with 2 sets of 5 reps and work up from there.
- Plastic Surgery – While these treatments can be very effective at reducing neck wrinkles, they can be costly with weeks of downtime. There are many good surgeons that do a great job.
- Botox and Fillers – They can work similarly on the neck, helping reduce the appearance of vertical banding by relaxing the platysma muscle. They work for mild to moderate banding. In most cases, results can last from 6-12 months before a refresher treatment is needed.
- Laser Treatment – This could be a good choice for skin rejuvenation that provides immediate results. It can be combined with peel and other lasers with more noticeable results. Suggest using Picoway laser technology and Yag plus medical grade peel with better results.
- PDO Treatment – The PDO thread neck lift offers patients a non-surgical solution to help eliminate various age-related changes like sagging neck skin and an undefined jawline. Side effects are minimal but may include swelling and bruising that lasts 2-3 days, and patients can continue with normal activities immediately after. The thread last about 4+ months.
- Micro-Needling – Using Profound Minco-Needling is a great option. It is an innovative, non-invasive technology that combines the power of radiofrequency energy and micro-needling to tighten and tone skin at the deepest dermis level. In addition to heating and tightening the dermis, Profound triggers the production of three vital building blocks for younger-looking skin: collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. On most cases, you will only need one treatment and results can be seen in few short weeks.
So, which option is best for me?
During initial free consultation, we examine the patient skin to customize a package based on skin condition, skin color and tone while considering cost. Book your initial appointment here >>>